The technical services offered by MPUA cover many areas of utility operations. Contact MPUA with any questions you have about the services listed below or if you would like more information on participation.
- Instrument Technician
- MPUA's Instrument Tech is available on a contract-basis to MPUA members to troubleshoot and assist with a variety of problems including: substation control circuitry, substation equipment and safety, electronic equipment, SCADA systems and IED's, fiber data communications, AMR systems, meter testing, and more.
- Engineering Assistance
- MPUA provides engineering assistance to help members resolve a range of local problems including power factor issues, unknown outage causes, and local generation complications
- Thermography Inspection
- The Infrared Thermography program provides infrared scanning technology to member municipal systems; it is used to identify problems with equipment, hot spots in substations, and issues with lines, transformers, insulators and lightning arresters, meters, etc
Columbia Water & Light provides the infrared cameras, recording equipment, and certified personnel to operate the equipment and prepare reports; MPUA provides administrative support and billing
- Program Flier - Coming Soon
- Water/Wastewater System Assistance
MPUA is ready to assist members with asset inventory assessments, pipe and manhole inspections, NDPES permit assistance, energy conservation analyses, and any unique challenges faced by your utility
- Electric System Review Program
- MPUA provides a cost-conscious review of member utility operations through peer and technical staff review of focused parts of the member system with recommendations for review; reviews are conducted promptly with the areas of focus determined by the local utility
- eReliability Tracker
- APPA's eReliability Tracker is an affordable, easy-to-use, mobile-friendly, web-based service that provides public power utilities with an effective way to collect, categorize, and summarize outage information
- The tracker is offered free of cost to members of the Missouri Power Energy Pool (MoPEP) with data aggregation and reports provided by MPUA
- Program Flier
- Cyber Security Monitoring
- MPUA has become increasingly concerned with the surge in cyber security threats targeting the utility industry.
- Through our Cyber Security Initiative, we offer members exclusive discounts for cyber security monitoring through a respected industry provider.
- This managed service detects, analyzes, and delivers actionable intelligence and utility community insights into threats, helping utilities protect networks, data, and assets.
- Program Brochure