Power Quality University Seminar 3/16
Monday, February 13, 2017
Posted by: Elise Buchheit
On March 16th Columbia Water & Light and Boone Electric Cooperative will be hosting a FREE seminar on General Power Quality conducted by Power Quality University. It will be 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. at the home office of MFA Oil Company, 1 Ray Young Dr., Columbia, MO 65201. Sign in and breakfast will begin at 8:00 am.
This seminar is an introduction to power quality, which is the first in a series of power quality seminars we will be offering this year. This seminar is also a good one for you to bring your boss or anyone in your organization that you would like to have a better understanding of power quality issues, including its sources, effects and solutions.
These topics will be covered:
- Power Quality - The definition of good and bad power quality, industry & utility standards, the effects of power quality on a facility, and how to maintain proper power quality.
- Harmonics - What it is and how it affects the equipment in a facility, equipment that can help eliminate its damaging effects, and linear and non-linear power and frequencies associated with each.
- Power Factor - Definition of a good or bad power factor, industry and utility standards, the effects of power factor on a facility, and how to maintain proper power factor.
- Surge Protection - Overview of the transient environment, surge protection device design.
- Electrical Noise - Sources, effects, solutions.
This is your chance to catch this training event locally, which you missed this seminar in the past. Please share this invitation to others you feel would benefit from it. We hope you will join us and please RSVP to John Wulff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
BISCI, IEEB, CEUs & PDHs are available. For more information about Power Quality University, please visit their website at http://www.powerqualityuniversity.com/.